La Maison de Terre des hommes is not subsidised and needs 3.3 million Swiss Francs every year to save more than 200 children. Without public donations, it is impossible to pursue the mission.HELP
The transfer of children housed in La Maison requires a complex chain of humanity and specific skills. La Maison de Terre des hommes is one of the essential links, linked to the others that are important and involved.
Many of our medical partners check and treat the children for free or at a reduced rate.
When they arrive in Switzerland, they have their first check-up at the infirmary of Geneva Airport. Then, they are admitted for a thorough medical examination (quarantine medical check-up), either in one of the university hospitals, in HEL (Children’s hospital in Lausanne) or in the hospitals of Nyon, Aigle and Monthey. Under certain circumstances, the children are also looked after at the Clinique Cecil and the university eye hospital Jules-Gonin.
Transportation and support
All the transportation between the airport, the hospitals and La Maison are made possible by more than a hundred voluntary drivers.
During the flights, they are accompanied by volunteers from Aviation without Borders.
In case of emergencies at La Maison, OCVS (Organisation Cantonale Valaisanne des Secours, a local organization for help in emergencies), Ambulances Clerc SA, Air-Glaciers and Rega arrive a few minutes after the call.
“Godmothers” visit and keep company to children in hospital.
Support and skills
- L’Institut Central des Hôpitaux Valaisans (the central institute of hospitals in Valais), which conducts numerous analyses
- La Maison de la Santé (“The Health House”) in Sembrancher, managed by Dr Denis Chevalley and his colleagues
- The dental office in Chalais, Dr François-Eric Sage
- Adent dental clinic in Monthey
- The dental office in Monthey, Dr. Patrice Delacoste
- The Milacic dental office in Monthey
- The ophthalmic surgery in Monthey, Dr Emmanuelle Zanetti
- The Ear, nose and throat surgery in Monthey, Dr Christine Cheseaux
- The dermatology surgery in Orsières, Dr Basile Darbellay
- Visilab optician in Martigny
- Ortho.Kern in Monthey
- The kinesiology surgery in Martigny, Ramon Garcia
- The SPD of the Salamin Laboratory in Sierre
- Gynaecology consultations, Dr. Nina Combaz‘s office in Sion
- “Hôpital du Chablais”, in Aigle and Monthey, especially their emergency department
- The pharmacy at the St-Maurice train station
Our annual activity report
View our annual activity report (in French).